Ground-breaking music composition and notation app, featuring powerful
handwritten music recognition.
- Quickly and accurately enter music
notation with your finger or stylus, on a tablet or smartphone.
music on the train, in a plane, by a lake, or just sitting comfortably on
intuitive interface with little to distract you from your creativity -
similar to writing with pen and paper, but with instant playback, editing
and a printable score at the end!
- Email PDF, MusicXML and MIDI
files of your scores to friends or other musicians. Open in Sibelius, Finale
and other desktop software. Print to paper.
Automatically sync your scores to Dropbox so you can edit them on your
phone whilst you are out, and then on your tablet when you get back.
- Write music for solo instruments (including
voice and piano) or ensembles from string quartets and choirs to full
orchestral scores. Includes support for transposing instruments.
NotateMe recognises a wide range of music symbols, including notes (with
solid, open, and slanted noteheads), flags, beams (even cross-staff*), leger
lines, multiple voices per staff, chords, rests, accidentals (natural, sharp
and flat), articulation marks, augmentation dots, ties, slurs, tuplets, hairpins, clef changes, key signatures. Barlines, clefs and time
signatures are added automatically.
- Add chord-symbols, dynamics and lyrics to your score. Write comments or ideas in
- It works while you write - the
printed score updates automatically without you needing to stop and wait.
- If NotateMe doesn’t recognize your style immediately, keep at it, as it
will adjust. Leave clear space between symbols and make markings clearer
with further strokes if any transcription errors occur. If you experience
problems, tap 'Help Improve NotateMe' from the Export menu and we will
analyze your handwriting to help us improve NotateMe further.
* Cross-staff beaming requires an iPad or 3.8 inch or taller screen
- Import MusicXML files: Edit music created outside of NotateMe.
AudioScore® In-App Purchase: Sing/play into your device's microphone and it
will be automatically notated using Neuratron's AudioScore technology.
- PhotoScore® In-App Purchase: Take a photo of sheet music with your
device's camera and have it played back to you, or export it as a
MusicXML/MIDI file, using Neuratron's PhotoScore technology.
Scanning, recording and
transcribing copyright music without permission is illegal.